Saturday, 18 November 2006

why did I start this?

OK, I'll begin with the beginning. I discovered blogging through friends that communicate a lot better through blogs than anything I have ever witnessed before (when we used to use email or this thing called a phone). It took me a little while and I was hooked! What a great way to pass the time at work! or those odd times you find yourself sitting in front of a computer with nothing to do. Better yet, find out what friends have been up to, especially those who are now on the other side of this world, literally. OK, I don't need to convince anyone with a list.
It has also taken me a while to give in to the world of blogging. Although encouraged to start, I kept thinking...I don't want to be selfish, I'm not going to make a page th
at lets me rant or rave about whatever I want. Yeah, someone could leave a comment but who cares? I don't have to read it or even, I'll block people from leaving messages... Which, by the way, brings me to how I got this thing started.
While catching up on the recent whereabouts for the greidanus', I learned of a new blog. Created for anyone who has as much time and energy for activities as a stay-at-home wife. No offence, at all, in case misread. I'm envious, it is a goal that I still have yet to fulfill. Anyways, trying to comment on the Extreme Leisure being flaunted by mrs. greidanus, I was misguided through a whirlwind of steps, trying to post on a blog that does not allow anonymous comments...ugh! How dare they restrict my free flowing thoughts! After failing to get through and having forgotten my clever, rather funny (heehee not haha) comment, I was determined to get something through. Then I was faced with a decision...username? followed by a long blank box, just waiting to be filled. Maybe I should fill it, with no intention of actually creating a whole blog...could I? The only way to redeem my lack of self control was to convince myself, to publish my mishappenings and let everyone know this started all because I WAS TRICKED! Fill in this, answer that and now I'm a blogger.

However, after some thought and a walk in the rain, now my direction and way of thinking has changed. My unwillingness has turned into enthusiasm, joy and pride... now I'm reaching a larger crowd, bigger masses to spread what? you
wonder. The undeniable truth and all will agree, that we are parents to the cutest puppy ever!

So, enough reading, now that I have your attention...here is our Penny Bunny (she's about 7months old here)
I'll take this time to apologize to all our friends who are also proud parents. We meant it when we said he/she is cute. But come on, let's recognize that all parents are biased. We all love our own the most and think they're the best. Let's just all admit it.


Here (just below) she is high on sugar and waiting for more yumminess (about 9months, back in sept. notice she can't lick her bottom lip)




After our trip and being away from her a whole 10 days, I took a lot of pictures of her.
Here (to the left) also sept. riding in the car on the way to the shop.


And most recently,
all dressed up on Halloween (to the right) waiting for trick-or-treaters.






PS (oh geez, this isn't a letter) As I prepare to click publish, I'm reminded of my other apprehension... my lack of confidence to write and make it public. Actually, not just writing but moreover, to produce pieces that others are able to read
and understand. oh yeah, enjoy too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it Grace! Great first post. I am happy to be the first commenter on your blog. I am off to do errands but I had to check out your blog first! Kylie

Ryan,Grace,Penny, Tytus, Henry & Liam said...

congratulations! glad you're so eager to leave our first comment. but what now? huh?
don't jinx it, or else this will be my first and only. why am i adding more stuff to do?

Katherine said...

Grace, of course you will get more comments! The first thing I saw when the comment box popped up was .... This blog does not accept anonymous comments. Too funny. I felt bad for a moment that I didn't turn that on in the ladies of leisure blog (even though, truth be told I'm not really a lady of leisure seeing as how I'm working so much) but I am glad that you were tricked into creating a blog. Hooray!